Community, charity & causes

Lead Poison

26
eddie-ligon
eddie-ligonHost

Expired
Host
I just cannot wrap my brain around this one. It is 2016 and you would think technology could keep this from happening. Schools all over the nation are finding lead in their water. My question is did the lead just show up this year or has it always been there?
3 y
Host
This is just straight up neglect. Someone is definitely trying to dumb down our children. Eddie you are spot on brother, I bet this has been going on the whole time. No wonder our kids seem lost and people killing each other. You would be surprised how people act will lead in their system. The government needs to fix this asap.
3 y
Host
I don't think you will find anyone to disagree with this one. There is no reason for these poisons in our water supply. This is not a third world country we should not be having these issues. The federal government must intervene on this one.
3 y
Host
I think we all must be proactive about this and make sure our family and our neighborhood is lead free. I have recently installed a gravity water filter in my home for this specific reason. Do what you can to protect your family as you can see the government could care less.
3 y
Host
I don't think you will find anyone to disagree with this one. There is no reason for these poisons in our water supply. This is not a third world country we should not be having these issues. The federal government must intervene on this one.
Madeline I must say if the government was really going to help they would have already. The fact that this is an issue points to them not really caring about the middle and lower classes of people.
3 y
Host
Lead is a highly toxic metal and a very strong poison. Lead poisoning is a serious and sometimes fatal condition. It occurs when lead builds up in the body.
3 y
Host
Children under the age of 6 are especially vulnerable to lead poisoning, which can severely affect mental and physical development. This is why we must be sure there is no lead in our kids schools.
3 y
Host
For centuries, lead toxicity has been one of the most significant preventable causes of neurologic morbidity from an environmental toxin. A heavy metal, lead is ubiquitous in our environment but has no physiologic role in biological systems.
3 y
Host
Everyone should be taking the proper precautions to make sure they are not exposed to lead. There are hundreds of filters out there you can use. They sell numerous test kits. I can assure you no one is going to take care of your family like you will. Make sure you know what you are drinking.
3 y
Host
The number of children poisoned by lead paint has dropped dramatically since the 1970s, when lead was outlawed in paint and gasoline nationally. Forty-four years ago, the city identified 2,600 children with blood-lead levels so high they required hospitalization. In 2012, the last year of available data, only five kids were in that category.
3 y
Host
61 members of Congress urges the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to lower the federal standard for lead in drinking water so that it better reflects the latest science on the brain-damaging toxin. The aim is to better protect the public.
3 y
Host
Children get lead in their bodies when they put lead objects in their mouths, especially if they swallow those objects. They can also get lead poison on their fingers from touching a dusty or peeling lead object, and then putting their fingers in their mouths or eating food afterward. Children also can breathe in tiny amounts of lead.
3 y
Host
Humans have used lead since early history. Lead has been used in plumbing, tableware, and other products since the Roman Empire. It has been used in pipes and plumbing, pigments and paints, gasoline additives, construction materials, lead–acid batteries, and many other products. It has even been used in some medicines and cosmetics.
3 y
Host
No safe blood lead level in children has been identified. Lead exposure can affect nearly every system in the body. Because lead exposure often occurs with no obvious symptoms, it frequently goes unrecognized.
3 y
Host
No safe blood lead level in children has been identified. Lead exposure can affect nearly every system in the body. Because lead exposure often occurs with no obvious symptoms, it frequently goes unrecognized.
Because there should be no lead in water. It is a dangerous metal and it should not be put in our bodies at all.
3 y
Host
I totally agree Scarboro and so does anyone else who does not want to die. It was a cheap metal they made a ton of money on it now they need to move on. Any company using lead in today's business is showing extreme greed. That you would still kill people for a fast buck is sick.
3 y
Host
Because there should be no lead in water. It is a dangerous metal and it should not be put in our bodies at all.
EPA has set the maximum contaminant level goal for lead in drinking water at zero because lead is a toxic metal that can be harmful to human health even at low exposure levels. Lead is persistent, and it can bioaccumulate in the body over time.
3 y