9 Great Things About Group Fitness Classes

Health, Wellbeing & Fitness​​
Drop file here to send
Ends in 15 d, 21 h
Try a group class for yourself, and you just might find your new favourite way to workout and make like-minded friends along the way. There are many reasons for joining a group fitness class but here are 9 reasons why you should try it out:

1. The motivation factor
2. Peer pressure
3. Accountability
4. Better quality of life
5. They're expert led
6. Something for everyone
7. Welcome distraction
8. It's social
9. It breeds consistency
Edited
14 d
Have you tried joining group fitness classes and how was it? Do you prefer to work out in a group or by yourself? Why?
14 d
denise.cook
denise.cook followed this discussion
I'm a newbie int fitness so I am still very self-conscious about myself. I can't do group fitness classes for fear that I won't be able to cope up. I just enrolled myself on a 1:1 coaching program and hopefully get the confidence I need to do group classes, which are much cheaper.
14 d
I like attending group fitness classes because I don't have to think of what to do for my fitness. I attend the class, do what the instructor says and I get the results. Simple and effective.
14 d
Totally enjoy group fitness classes. My zumba buddies have actually become close friends of mine. We motivate each other to attend zumba regularly.
14 d
I like it because I feel motivated to do better than the rest. Haha! I am that competitive.
14 d
I like working out in groups because it's a lot more fun. You get to meet new people!
13 d
Group fitness classes occur on a set day and time works wonders with creating structure around physical activity, even for people who struggle with workout consistency. Choosing a class to attend and signing up in advance creates a greater sense of accountability and enables you to plan your day around your workout.
13 d
I like working out in group. I prefer to do it alone so I can get more things done.
13 d
You might want to try working out in a group after reading this. https://www.active.com/fitness/articles/6-benefits-of-group-fitness-classes-1?page=1
12 d
I do like working out with friends especially for long bike rides and runs, or power walks that are also catch up dates, but mostly I prefer sweating on my own.
12 d
Most of the time I prefer exercising alone because I get right down to business and get it done. I consider it quality alone time. I know how much time I have, and I make the most of it.
12 d
It's inspiring and motivating to be surrounded by dedicated, like-minded individuals. It doesn't get much more empowering than a class with an encouraging instructor and supportive people all working hard together. Group fitness is a great way to help motivate yourself and others to dig deeper and push harder in workouts.
11 d
10 more people followed this discussion
Group fitness is a great way to get a workout in without having to think or plan. Each class is structured with a warm-up, a balanced workout and a cool-down.
10 d
There are several types of group classes offered by gyms and athletic clubs. Having a variety of classes in your weekly workout regimen is a great way to create muscle confusion, which keeps your body guessing and ramps up your metabolism. It also helps prevent boredom.
9 d
Some facilities require members to sign up in advance for specific classes. This is a great way to keep yourself accountable for your workouts. If you're signed up and it's on your schedule, there's a good chance you won't skip it.
8 d
Group fitness classes are fun. Between the upbeat music, a great workout and a group of people motivating each other along the way, it's an enjoyable way to exercise.
8 d
I love group fitness TBH its a great way to socialize and have fun while staying in shape
6 d