Faith & Spirituality​​

5 powerful tools to protect energy and self-heal

Drop file here to send
Expired
Much of the regret we harbor inside comes from our own actions as well as from those important things in life we failed to do.

But sometimes regret stems from something that has nothing to do with us. Something we have absolutely no control over or say in.

Sometimes regret — those feelings of grief, sorrow, and remorse — come from our exposure to the world’s innumerable tragedies and devastation.

We all feel how small the world has become through the advances in technology. With a mere click of the mouse or remote control, the whole world comes into our lives and living rooms.

On a daily basis, many of us witness unimaginable violence and suffering. Kidnappings, murders, suicides, genocide & terrorism. Natural disasters that leave millions in their wake. Public figures coming to tragic ends as they lose battles with drug addiction or disease. And, of course, a national and global economy on the brink of depression.

The daily news provides no shortage of things to feel empathy for, and for those who continually tune in with an open heart, this constant negative input eventually takes its toll on their psyche and physical health. https://blog.mindvalley.com/caring-much-causes-illness/?utm_source=google_blog
This discussion is set to be archived. That means the discussions lasts just a few days, while people can comment. After that no one can comment but the discussion can still be viewed
cameron-stewart
cameron-stewart followed this discussion
Host
Do you feel you get affected by other people’s troubles easily?

Do you find yourself taking their weight upon your shoulder?

If you’re a highly empathetic person, just watching the news about the world’s suffering can take a toll on your psyche and physical health.

Unless you create a mind-body connection that dictates what enters your consciousness.

Deborah King, renowned spiritual leader has gathered the 5 most powerful tools she discovered to protect your energy and practice self-healing daily.

Read her story on our blog: http://go.mindvalley.com/caring-too-much
4 mths
Host
Can being too compassionate or caring too much really make you sick?
4 mths
mohamed.naboulsi
mohamed.naboulsi followed this discussion
10 more people followed this discussion
Host
I just don't watch or listen to the news.
4 mths
Host
Recently I read (actually listened to) The Four Agreements by don Miguel Ruiz ... and it supports what's found in A Course in Miracles, The Secret, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and The Bible. (among hundreds of other books) The hardest part of life is taking responsibility and understanding that action is required.
4 mths
Host
I have spent a lifetime feeling the pain of others.
4 mths
malaki-hajra, carl-tamara, tyler.chavez and 7 other people started following this discussion
Host
Makes me sick... because I do all the caring and nothing in return.
4 mths
Host
Not anymore. Not looking for return. Its a Just because i choose to care. Sometimes some people are not / or are ready for the gift. Free will. Cannot control the types of receiver/ or received.
4 mths
jace-jaces, jerry-howell, krista.james and 7 other people started following this discussion
Host
So glad you are sharing content of this nature because there is a small percentage who struggle with this. Most are desensitized to these type of issues.
4 mths
marcel-lokj, shyl-jrwhy-brwhy, asif.khan.2 and 7 other people started following this discussion
Host
It can...its taken me years to protect my self. I have my bubble.
4 mths