Politics, news & academia

$219 million fund boost across 2000 NSW schools

veronica-barrett
veronica-barrettHost

Expired
Host
This is such great news. Hooray for the Australian public school system.
2 y
Host
How good is this? Good to see that the government funds are put to good use!
2 y
Host
That's a big boost
2 y
Host
You can see Mike Baird and Adrian Piccoli are doing the best they can with State Public Education but that is difficult with a Federal Government who has cut by two-thirds the funding recommended by Gonski.
2 y
Host
NSW Education Minister Adrian Piccoli? said the investment would allow schools to get beyond just supporting students to targeting teaching and learning.

2 y
Host
That's a great news that government has decided to spend money to increase educational resources and educate the kids.
2 y
Host
There are no losers.
2 y
Host
The schools that had their money redirected didn't need it as much as those that were granted the extra funding. I hope no one who sends their child to a public school would deny the right of a child at a more needy school to get the share of the funding necessary to lift them to national standards. Anyone who thinks that way should have their children in a privately funded institution receiving none of the badly needed resources governments should be directing to our inclusive public schools.
2 y
Host
So where can I find the stats around government adjustments to private school funding?
2 y
Host
This is great to see the government giving to education instead of taking from it.
2 y
Host
Randwick Boys lost up to $41,000 in needs-based funding, while Ultimo Public also took a hit, losing more than $10,000 because of a change in the student need for English language proficiency support.

2 y
Host
The United States should put more into children's education. It's rather sad how many programs have been cut.
2 y
Host
The one thing I think the public can agree on is money being spent in the school system. I am sure there will be taxes and other fees that will come from this but it is for a good cause.
2 y
Host
Mr Piccoli said in 2017 local public schools will receive over $4 million in additional needs-based funding. “The NSW Government is delivering on its commitment to deliver additional school funding based on student need,” Mr Piccoli said.
2 y
Host
Some schools across NSW, including Westfield Sports High, Greenacre and Campbelltown Performing Arts will gain hundreds of thousands of dollars in extra funding next year after the state government announced a record $219 million funding investment according to the Gonksi needs-based funding formula.

2 y
Host
What a wonderful example of the importance of education.
2 y
Host
That's a great news that government has decided to spend money to increase educational resources and educate the kids.
It should be mandated that all governments invest in future generations.
2 y
Host
Always for the kids getting more money. They should have given more than that.
2 y