Politics, news & academia

2016 Election:'Groundhog Day' for the Republicans?

veronica-barrett
veronica-barrettHost

Expired
Host
It's an ongoing nightmare for Republicans, one that seems that it will never end: Donald Trump saying one outrageous thing after another. This is, of course, the strategy that got him to where he is now, as the GOP nominee. But what works in the Republican primaries won't work in.
3 y
Host
Most Republicans I talk to wish he would just say the right thing or shut up so they forget about the other foolish comments he's made. They want to believe in in him. He just makes it very hard.
3 y
Host
I Loved that movie! Groundhog Day is a great analogy of the neverending nightmare of Donald Trump's antics.
3 y
Host
It’s an ongoing nightmare for Republicans, one that seems that it will never end: Donald Trump saying one outrageous thing after another. In fact, Trump’s new campaign chief, Stephen K. Bannon, is chairman of the controversial Breitbart News website and is expected to encourage more of the same.
3 y
Host
One of the biggest Hollywood hits of 1993 was the comedy Groundhog Day, featuring Bill Murray as a weatherman who finds himself reliving the same day over and over again until he gets it right.
3 y
Host
Ha! That is so true. His campaign is awful for the Republican party. After Bush, then him I don't see the party ever recovering.
3 y
Host
This is right on. Every day I wake up its like Trump has stuck his foot in his mouth again. It never fails. I am ready for this movie to end.
3 y
Host
This movie will be over soon enough. He is bound to say something that is just so over the top that they will shut him down. It is a shame because he could really win if he wanted to.
3 y
Host
It's an ongoing nightmare for Republicans, one that seems that it will never end: Donald Trump saying one outrageous thing after another. This is, of course, the strategy that got him to where he is now, as the GOP nominee. But what works in the Republican primaries won't work in.
3 y