Other

115 Years Is A Limit For A Human Life, Scientists

annabelle-eason
annabelle-easonHost

Expired
Host
I don't really agree with medicine prolonging life. I certainly wouldn't like to be kept alive that long.
2 y
Host
It seems highly likely we have reached our ceiling,” said Dr. Vijg, an expert on aging at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. “From now on, this is it. Humans will never get older than 115.
2 y
Host
Death is such a taboo subject. No one really wants to consider a cut off point to life.
2 y
Host
Scientist have been wrong since the beginning of time. Since they do not know everything about the human body nor do they know where to find all humans they have no idea what they are talking about. There could very well be advanced humans already living on earth that they know nothing about. Such BS.
2 y
Host
For years, people have been saying that the first human who will live to 150 has already been born. That’s unlikely, say Jan Vijg, Xiao Dong, and Brandon Milholland, from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. After looking at demographic data from the last century, they think that human lifespan has a hard ceiling at around 115 years. A few rare individuals like Calment may surpass that limit, if only slightly, but on average, our species will not.
2 y
Host
I might be less bothered by Dr. Vijg’s claim if he had stuck with saying “Humans don’t live past 115,” rather than going on to imply that they can’t.
2 y
Host
I think with all of the new technology and plastic surgery I think you can be fabulous at 100 in the near future.
2 y
Host
"It's almost impossible you'll get beyond it. You need 10,000 worlds like ours to end up with one individual in a given year who will live until 125 - so a very small chance."
2 y
Host
Scientists have long debated whether there’s a limit to life span — not just for humans, but for any species. Only now, thanks to the long increase in average life expectancy, are people living long enough to hit the ceiling, Dr. Vijg said.
2 y
Host
Dr. Yang Vig, an expert on aging at the medical College named after albert Einstein, highly doubt that anyone will repeat the record of this iron the French. “It is likely that we have already reached his ceiling. From now on, man can not live more than 115 years,” he was quoted by The New York Times.
2 y
Host
They chose 115 because at 116 your body would completely fall apart!
2 y
Host
Based on available statistics, scientists predict that the future will resemble the present in terms of longevity. “We expect that in the future the oldest person on earth is a 115-year-old,” says one of the authors of the article in “Nature” Brandon Milholland.
2 y