Sports​

1 Season of HS Football Can Cause Brain Damage

logan.howie
logan.howieHost

Expired
By host - logan.howie
High school athletes’ early gridiron grind exposes them to repetitive head hits that could overload the brain with gray matter, according to a study presented Monday at the annual meeting of the Radiological Society of North America.
https://nypost.com/2018/11/26/single-season-of-high-school-football-could-damage-brain-study-says/
This discussion is set to be extendable. After it expires, the content will remain, but all guests will be removed. After that if any guests decide to join it, more days will be added to the discussion
logan.howie
logan.howie followed this discussion
Host
Should schools stop having teens play football because of this study?
3 mths
lakshya.lakhani
lakshya.lakhani followed this discussion
Host
Goodness! In English rugby, they don't wear helmets!!!
3 mths
Host
And that’s why my son doesn’t play football.
3 mths
Host
Played all 4 years, makes me wonder.
3 mths
10 more people followed this discussion
Host
Good thing I got a concussion half way though the season so I didn’t get any brain damage.
3 mths
Host
It varies person to person. Some get damaged more easily. Some manage to stay relatively damage free.
3 mths
Host
Too bad i played 2 years.
3 mths
gino.baker, chetan.kumar, pbatchu and 7 other people started following this discussion
Host
So the ones that make it to the NFL all have brain damage
3 mths
Host
Then don’t play.
3 mths
Host
Take away helmets and pads...pretty simple.
3 mths
10 more people followed this discussion
Host
Hell if my sons want to play I will let them. More people get killed by vehicles a year than sports. And everyone still drives. It’s a way of life. Don’t like it don’t play or watch. They can be water boys.
3 mths
Host
Guess I lucked out.
3 mths
Host
This comment has been removed
3 mths